MAXREFDES131# is a sensing solution featuring the Panasonic AMG8833 Grid-EYE® and the Maxim 1-Wire® bus, enabled by the DS28E17. The system enables presence sensing, people counting, and gestures while tethered up to 100m along the 1-Wire bus. The board features RJ-11 connectors and convenient mounting holes for quick evaluation and implementation.
Example source code for interfacing with MAXREFDES131# is available for both Arm® mbed™ and Arduino® platforms. This design conveniently works with MAXREFDES132#, a hardware 1-Wire shield. A demonstration GUI allows for visual feedback of up to 10 daisy-chained MAXREFDES131# 1-Wire Grid-EYE sensors.
As with all Maxim reference designs, the BOM, schematics, layout files, and fab files are all available from the Design Resources tab. In addition, boards are available for purchase.
- 1-Wire network
- Flexible location
- Sleep mode
- Example source code
- Demonstration GUI
- Extended range
- Power-conserving sleep mode
- Cost effective
- Building automation
- People counting
- Lighting control
- Presence sensing
- MAXREFDES130#, MAXREFDES132#, or equivalent 1-Wire hardware interface. For Arduino, this interface must use the DS2484 I2C-to-1-Wire master.
- mbed or Arduino platform and appropriate USB cable
- PC with USB interface
- Download MAXREFDES131DemoV1.00.zip.
- Extract the zip file to the desired location on your PC.
All Design Files
Download All Design Files
Bill of Materials (BOM)
Firmware provided is the first version. Subsequent versions may be available on mbed.org or Arduino code on GitHub.