Gravity: Digital Signal Isolator is capable of isolating I2C digital signal and providing isolated power to the sensor module, effectively preventing mutual interference between the sensor modules. This digital signal isolator can be used for multi-parameter water quality detection systems to prevent water quality sensors from interfering with each other.
In many cases, interference sources are existing. For example, a running pump in a fish tank will release signals into the water, which interferes the sensors in the fish tank. In this case, electrical isolation is needed to ensure the stable operation of the sensors. Some sensors, such as pH sensors and electrical conductivity sensors, which share the same power source and measure in the same container, will interfere with each other and do not work properly. In order to ensure stable operation of the sensor modules, it is necessary to isolate the signal and the power.
After the analog signal isolator, we launched this digital signal isolator which specifically isolates the I2C digital signal. What's more, the on-board 5V isolation power chip can directly supply the sensor module, without additional power. This product is designed specifically for DFRobot I2C connector sensor or modules, plug and play, no welding. Connect it into your circuit to get electrical isolation, and the code of sensor module in control board does not need to be modified, which is simple and convenient.
1. Please pay attention to the operating current of your sensor or module, the maximum output current from Module side is 150mA.
2. All pins on the Module side (isolation side) are isolated from all pins on the Controller side (non-isolation side). Do not short-circuit them.
3. It is normal for the isolator generates heat while working.
- Onboard 5V 0.75W isolation power chip, no additional power needed, simple and convenient
- Almost compatible with all DFRobot I2C connector sensors or modules, plug and play, no welding
Controller Side（Non-isolation Side)
- Operating Voltage: 5.0V
- Connector Type: PH2.0-4P
- Interface Protocol: I2C(IIC)
- Interface Signal Level: High 3.3V, Low 0V
- Dimension: 42 * 32mm / 1.65 * 1.26 inch
Module Side(Isolation Side)
- Supply Voltage: 5.0 ± 0.15V
- No-load Current: 15mA(TYP)
- Output Voltage: 5.0 ± 0.15V
- Output Current: 150mA(MAX)
- Gravity: Digital I2C Signal Isolator x1
- Double PH2.0-4P Cable x1
- Gravity-4P I2C/ UART Sensor Cable x1
- XH2.54-4Pin Header x2