SoCKit Development Kit Product Description
The SoCKit Development Kit presents a robust hardware design platform built around the Altera System-on-Chip (SoC) FPGA, which combines the latest dual-core Cortex-A9 embedded cores with industry-leading programmable logic for ultimate design flexibility. Users can now leverage the power of tremendous re-configurability paired with a high-performance, low-power processor system.
Altera’s SoC integrates an ARM-based hard processor system (HPS) consisting of processor, peripherals and memory interfaces tied seamlessly with the FPGA fabric using a high-bandwidth interconnect backbone. The SoCKit development board includes hardware such as high-speed DDR3 memory, video and audio capabilities, Ethernet networking, and much more.
In addition, an on-board HSMC connector with high-speed transceivers allows for an even greater array of hardware setups. By leveraging all of these capabilities, the SoCKit is the perfect solution for showcasing, evaluating, and prototyping the true potential of the Altera SoC.
If you're looking for a diffrent Arrow Development Board, check out our popular Arrow Boards Page!
• The SoCKit development board
• USB Cable for FPGA programming and control
• Ethernet Cable
• 12V DC power adapter
Development Kit Features:
• Cyclone V SoC 5CSXFC6D6F31 Device
• Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 (HPS)
• 110K Programmable Logic Elements
• 5,140 Kbits embedded memory
• 6 Fractional PLLs
• 2 Hard Memory Controllers
• 3.125G Transceivers
Configuration and Debug
• Quad Serial Configuration device – EPCQ256 on FPGA
• On-Board USB Blaster II (micro USB type B connector)
• 1GB (2x256MBx16) DDR3 SDRAM on FPGA
• 1GB (2x256MBx16) DDR3 SDRAM on HPS
• 128MB QSPI Flash on HPS
• Micro SD Card Socket on HPS
• USB 2.0 OTG (ULPI interface with micro USB type AB connector)
• USB to UART (micro USB type B connector)
• 10/100/1000 Ethernet
• One HSMC (8-channel Transceivers, Configurable I/O standards 1.5/1.8/2.5/3.3V)
• One LTC connector (One Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Master ,one I2C and one GPIO
• 24-bit VGA DAC
• 128x64 dots LCD Module with Backlight
• 24-bit CODEC, Line-in, line-out, and microphone-in jacks
Switches, Buttons and LEDs
• 8 User Keys (FPGA x4 ; HPS x 4)
• 8 User Switches (FPGA x4 ; HPS x 4)
• 8 User LEDs (FPGA x4 ; HPS x 4)
• 2 HPS Reset Buttons (HPS_RSET_n and HPS_WARM_RST_n)
• G-Sensor on HPS
• Temperature Sensor on FPGA
• 12V DC input
SoCKit Getting Started Guide
SoCKit User Manual
Intel User-Customizable SoC FPGAs Brochure
Altera Real-Time Challenges and Opportunities in SoCs White Paper
See our video on the SoCKit and its highlights!
Learn more about creating and implement an FPGA design in hours here.
Please note that this board is only meant for evaluation purposes. You can view our Terms and Conditions of Sale here.
Product Technical Specifications
|Supported Device Technology
|Program Memory Size
|Program Memory Type
|Main Program Memory Type
|Push Buttons and Switches
|Number of LEDs