- PACKAGE CONTENT
Weight: 0.533 kg
- SIM8202G-M2 x1
- SIMXXXX-M2 4G/5G HAT base x1
- 5G/4G/3G/GNSS External Antenna x4
- OPTIONS Power adapter 5V 3A Micro x1
- USB3.0 dual plug cable x1
- USB3.0 Adapter x1
- USB2.0 Adapter x1
- Black acrylic case panel x1
- 2×20PIN pin header x1
- 4010 cooling fan x1
- Screws pack x1
- Antenna sucker base x1
- Screwdriver x1
SIM8202G-M2 5G HAT With Antennas, 5G/4G/3G Support, Snapdragon X55 Onboard, Multi Mode Multi Band, Applicable For Regions With 5G Sub-6G Signal Coverage
SIM8202G-M2 5G HAT FOR RASPBERRY PI
Comes With SIM8202G-M2, Supports 5G/4G/3G, Supports 5G SA And NSA,
Multi Mode Multi Band, Applicable For Regions With 5G Sub-6G Signal Coverage
This 5G/4G/3G Raspberry Pi communication HAT adopts SIMCom 5G module SIM8202G-M2, supports 5G NSA and SA networking, providing data rate up to 4 Gbps (DL) / 500 Mbps (UL). Simplified four antennas design, smaller size, suitable for space-limited applications.
The base board features standard M2 connector, allows connecting with different 4G or 5G communication module with M2 package. There are also USB3.1 port, audio jack and decoder, SIM card slot, etc. Combined with our configuration script and development resources, it is easy to enable 5G high speed communication for the Raspberry Pi or computer. The 5G HAT is ideal for fast evaluating 5G modules, as well as being integrated into sorts of applications where 5G connection is required.
Features At A Glance
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, Jetson Nano
- Comes with SIM8202G-M2 core module, based on Qualcomm snapdragon X55 platform, with multi mode multi band support
- Simplified four antennas design, smaller size
- 5G/4G/3G communication support
- USB3.1 port for testing AT commands, sending messages, cloud communication, making phone call, getting GNSS positioning data, etc.
- SIM card slot, supports 1.8V / 3V SIM card
- 2x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status
- AT command support, based on 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and V.25TER command set
- Onboard audio jack and audio decoder, allows audio operation like making phone call *
- Multi-constellation dual-band positioning: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, and QZSS
- Operating system support: Windows/Linux/Android
- Comes with quality acrylic case and cooling fan, nice looking, better heat dissipation
* Phone call is not available for the moment, further firmware update is required to support this feature.
||n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n40, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79
||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, and QZSS
||4 Gbps (DL) / 500 Mbps (UL)
||2 Gbps (DL) / 200 Mbps (UL)
||42 Mbps (DL) / 5.76 Mbps (UL)
||Supports MT, MO, CB, Text, PDU
||Supports firmware upgrade via USB port
||6x IPEX-4 connector
||4x IPEX-4 connector
||Regions with 5G Sub-6G signal coverage including China, US, Japan, South Korea, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, etc.
||CPE, Smart gateway, Drone, Live streaming, Remote medical treatment, Intelligent security
5G Module Comparison
Compatible Hardware Interface, Identical Software Function
SIM8200EA-M2 the 6x antennas version (left), SIM8202G-M2 the 4x antennas version (right)
Multi Mode Multi Band
Applicable For Most Of The Countries And Regions
Based on Qualcomm snapdragon X55 platform with multi mode multi band support.
Applicable for regions with 5G Sub-6G signal coverage including China, US, Japan, South Korea, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America...
Supports 5G NSA (4G+5G common networking) and SA (5G standalone networking).
* the frequency band diagram above is for reference only, please confirm the supported bands according to your local service provider.
Multi System Support
Just plug it into USB port, go through some driver installation and simple configuration, the high speed 5G network connection would be ready to use
Multi Host Support
Enabling 5G High Speed Connection For Raspberry Pi And Windows Computer
Sub-6G: up to 4 Gbps (downlink) / up to 500 Mbps (uplink)*
LET: up to 2 Gbps (downlink) / up to 200 Mbps (uplink)*
HSPA+: up to 42 Mbps (downlink) / up to 5.76 Mbps (uplink)*
* stands for idealized data rate, the actual data rate depends on factors like network coverage, traffic congestion, base station condition, etc.
Supported Communication Protocols:
TCP / IP / IPV4 / IPV6 / Multi-PDP / FTP / FTPS / HTTP / HTTPS / MQTTS / DNS / SSL3.0
Multi-Constellation Dual-Band Positioning
Supports GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, And QZSS
Phone Call & SMS Support
Allows Using AT Commands To Make Phone Call Or Send SMS*
* not available for the moment, further firmware update is required to support this feature.
What's On Board
- Raspberry Pi GPIO header
- USB3.1 port
- Audio drive circuit
- Audio jack
- Power switch
- 5V 3A input
- 5V to 3.3V translator
- 5V to 1.8V translator
- 5V to 4.3V translator
- Power indicator
- Network indicator
- M.2 connector
- Antenna connector
- Fan connector
- SIM card slot
Resources & Services