The PTH08080W is a highly integrated, low-cost switching regulator module that delivers up to 2.25 A of output current. The PTH08080W sources output current at a much higher efficiency than a TO-220 linear regulator IC, thereby eliminating the need for a heat sink. Its small size (0.5 × 0.6 in) and flexible operation creates value for a variety of applications.
The input voltage range of the PTH08080W is from 4.5 V to 18 V, allowing operation from either a 5-V or 12-V input bus. Using state-of-the-art switched-mode power-conversion technology, the PTH08080W can step down to voltages as low as 0.9 V from a 5-V input bus, with less than 1 W of power dissipation. The output voltage can be adjusted to any voltage over the range, 0.9 V to 5.5 V, using a single external resistor. Operating features include an undervoltage lockout (UVLO), on/off inhibit, overcurrent protection, and overtemperature protection. Target applications include telecommunications, test and measurement applications, and high-end consumer products. This product is available in both through-hole and surface-mount package options, including tape and reel.
- Up to 2.25-A Output Current at 85°C
- 4.5-V to 18-V Input Voltage Range
- Wide-Output Voltage Adjust (0.9 V to 5.5 V)
- Efficiencies Up To 93%
- On/Off Inhibit
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output Overcurrent Protection (Nonlatching, Auto-Reset)
- Overtemperature Protection
- Ambient Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
- Surface-Mount Package
- Safety Agency Approvals: UL/CUL 60950, EN60950