Why measure EC (Electrical Conductivity) ? The salinity of the soil, irrigation water systems or fertilizer solutions is an important parameter affecting the root zone environment of plants. Any of these factors can have a significant effect on plant growth and quality. The presence of high salt levels is your warning sign to make adjustments. Low-salt levels could lead to nutrient deficiencies. Don’t wait for trouble, measure before the damage shows in your plants. In terms of liquid, we often use the reciprocal of resistance, which is conductance, as a measurement. The conductivity of water can reflect the level of electrolytes present in the water. Depending on the concentration of the electrolyte, the conductivity of the aqueous solution is different.
This Analog EC Meter is unique. It is designed specially for Arduino controllers and has built-in simple, convenient and practical features. After simple connections according to our diagram and uploading the program, you will be able to measure the EC value easily.
To ease the difficulty of using this sensor, a Gravity Interface is adapted to allow plug&play. The Arduino IO expansion shield is the best match for this senor connecting to your Arduino.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Hydroponic & Aquaponic.
- Operating Voltage: +5.00 V
- PCB Size: 45 × 32mm(1.77x1.26")
- Measuring Range: 1ms/cm -- 20ms/cm
- Operating Temperature: 5 - 40 ℃
- Accuracy: < ±10% F.S (using Arduino 10 bits ADC)
- PH2.0 Interface (3-pin SMD)
- Conductivity Electrode (Electrode Constant K = 1,BNC connector)
- Cable Length of the Electrode: about 60cm(23.62")
- DS18B20 Temperature Sensor(Waterproof)
- Power Indicator
- Conductivity Electrode (BNC Connector) x1
- EC Meter Circuit Board x1
- Analog cable x1
- DS18B20 Temperature Sensor (waterproof) x1
- Terminal Sensor Adapter x1
- Digital cable x1
- Conductivity Standard Solution (1413us/cm and 12.88ms/cm) x1