The TPA2005D1 is a 1.4-W high efficiency filter-free class-D audio power amplifier in a MicroStar Junior™ BGA, QFN, or MSOP package that requires only three external components.
Features like 84% efficiency, –71-dB PSRR
at 217 Hz, improved RF-rectification immunity, and
15 mm2 total PCB area make the TPA2005D1 ideal for cellular handsets. A fast start-up time of 9 ms with minimal pop makes the TPA2005D1 ideal for PDA applications.
In cellular handsets, the earpiece, speaker phone, and melody ringer can each be driven by the TPA2005D1. The device allows independent gain control by summing the signals from each function while minimizing noise to only 48 μVRMS.
The TPA2005D1 has short-circuit and thermal protection.
- 1.4 W Into 8 Ω From a 5 V Supply at THD = 10% (Typ)
- Maximum Battery Life and Minimum Heat
- Efficiency With an 8-Ω Speaker:
- 84% at 400 mW
- 79% at 100 mW
- 2.8-mA Quiescent Current
- 0.5-μA Shutdown Current
- Capable of Driving an 8-Ω Speaker (2.5 V ≤ VDD ≤ 5.5 V) and a 4-Ω Speaker (2.5 V ≤ VDD ≤ 4.2 V)
- Only Three External Components
- Optimized PWM Output Stage Eliminates LC Output Filter
- Internally Generated 250-kHz Switching Frequency Eliminates Capacitor & Resistor
- Improved PSRR (–71 dB at 217 Hz) and Wide Supply Voltage (2.5 V to 5.5 V) Eliminates Need for a Voltage Regulator
- Fully Differential Design Reduces RF Rectification & Eliminates Bypass Capacitor
- Improved CMRR Eliminates Two Input Coupling Capacitors
- Space Saving Package
- 3 mm × 3 mm QFN package (DRB)
- 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm MicroStar Junior BGA Package (ZQY)
- 3 mm x 5 mm MSOP PowerPAD Package (DGN)
- Use TPA2006D1 for 1.8 V Logic Compatibility on Shutdown Pin