The SPBTLE-RF is an easy to use Bluetooth® low energy master/slave network processor module, compliant with Bluetooth v4.1. The SPBTLE-RF module supports multiple roles simultaneously, and can act at the same time as Bluetooth low energy sensor and hub device.
The entire Bluetooth low energy stack and protocols are embedded into SPBTLE-RF module. The external host application processor, where the application resides, is connected to the SPBTLE-RF module through a standard SPI interface.
The SPBTLE-RF module provides a complete RF platform in a tiny form factor. Radio, antenna, high frequency and LPO oscillators are integrated to offer a certified solution to optimize the time to market of the final applications.
The SPBTLE-RF can be powered directly with a standard 3 V coin cell battery, a pair of AAA batteries or any power source from 1.7 to 3.6 V.
- Bluetooth v4.1 compliant
- Supports master and slave modes
- Multiple roles supported simultaneously
- Embedded Bluetooth low energy protocol stack
- GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL, RFPHY
- Bluetooth low energy profiles provided separately
- Bluetooth radio performance:
- Embedded ST BlueNRG-MS
- Tx power: + 4 dBm
- Rx sensitivity: - 88 dBm
- Provides up to 92 dB link budget with excellent link reliability
- Host interface
- SPI, IRQ, and RESET
- On-field stack upgrading available via SPI
- AES security co-processor
- CE qualified
- FCC, IC modular approval certified
- BQE qualified
- On-board chip antenna
- Operating supply voltage: from 1.7 to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C