The Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D400 Series uses stereo vision to calculate depth. The D415 is a USB-powered depth camera and consists of a pair of depth sensors, RGB sensor, and infrared projector. It is ideal for makers and developers to add depth perception capability to their prototype development.
The depth camera includes:
- A powerful vision processor that uses 28 nanometer (nm) process technology and supports up to 5 MIPI Camera Serial Interface 2 lanes to compute real-time depth images and accelerate output.
- New advanced stereo depth algorithm for accurate depth perception and long range.
- A set of image sensors that enable capturing of disparity between images up to 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Support for the cross-platform, open-source Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2.0.
- Dedicated color image signal processor for image adjustments and scaling color data.
- Active infrared projector to illuminate objects to enhance the depth data.
Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D415 is designed to best fit your prototype. With the rolling image shutter and narrow field of view (69.4° x 42.5° x 77°), Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D415 offers high depth resolution when object size is small and more precise measurements are required.
The latest release of the Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2.0 is available on our GitHub page at https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/.
||Active IR stereo
|Main Intel® RealSense™ component
||- Intel® RealSense™ Vision Processor D4
- Intel® RealSense™ module D410
|Depth Field of View (FOV)
(Horizontal × Vertical × Diagonal)
|65°±2° x 40°±1° x 72°±2°
|Depth Stream Output Resolution
||Up to 1280 x 720
|Depth Stream Output Frame Rate
||Up to 90 fps
|Minimum Depth Distance (Min-Z)
|Sensor Shutter Type
||Approx. 10 meters; Varies depending on calibration, scene, and lighting condition
|RGB Sensor Resolution and Frame Rate
||1920 x 1080 at 30 fps
|RGB Sensor FOV
(Horizontal x Vertical x Diagonal)
|69.4° x 42.5° x 77° (+/- 3°)
(Length x Depth x Height)
|99 mm x 20 mm x 23 mm
||USB-C* 3.1 Gen 1
||- One 1/4-20 UNC thread mounting point
- Two M3 thread mounting points