PL2303SA USB to Serial Bridge Controller
The PL2303SA is a low cost and high performance USB-to-Serial Bridge Controller. The PL2303SA provides a convenient small-factor solution for connecting an RS232-like full-duplex asynchronous serial device (TX-RX only) to any USB host. Prolific provides highly compatible drivers that could simulate the traditional COM port on most operating systems allowing the existing applications based on COM port (using TX-RX only) to easily migrate and be made USB ready.
By taking advantage of USB bulk transfer mode and large data buffers, PL2303SA is capable of achieving higher throughput compared to traditional UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) ports. The flexible baud rate generator of PL2303SA also could be programmed to generate any rate between 75 bps to 115 kbps by driver customization.
- Full Compliant with USB Specification v2.0 (Full-Speed)
- On-chip USB 1.1 transceiver and 5V to 3.3V regulator
- On-chip 96MHz Clock Generator
- Full-duplex transmitter and receiver (TXD and RXD)
- 5, 6, 7,or 8data bits
- Odd, Even, Mark, Space, or None parity mode
- 1, 1.5,or 2 stop bits
- Parity error, frame error, and serial break detection
- Programmable baud rate from 75bps to 115kbps
- Independent power source for serial interface
- Works with existing PC COM Port software applications(TXD and RXD)
- Configurable 256-byte outbound buffer and 256-byte inbound buffer or 128-byte outbound buffer and 384-byte inbound buffer
- Small Package type: SOP8