The EVSPIN32F0251S1 board is a 3-phase complete inverter based on the STSPIN32F0251 controller, which embeds a 3‑phase 250 V gate driver and a Cortex®‑M0 STM32 MCU. The power stage features STD17NF25 MOSFETs, but can be populated with any IGBT or Power MOSFET in DPAK or powerFLAT 6x5 package.
The board has a single-shunt sensing topology, and both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6‑step control can be implemented. This allows driving permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) and brushless DC (BLDC) motors.
The evaluation board is compatible with a wide range input voltage from 20 V to 120 V DC/AC, and includes a power supply stage with the VIPER013BLS in buck configuration to generate +15 V and +3.3 V supply voltage required by the application.
Debug and configuration of FW can be performed with standard STM32 tools through the detachable STLINK‑debugger. SWD and UART TX‑RX connectors are also available.
- Input voltage from 20 V to 120 V DC/AC
- STD17NF25 MOSFETs power stage featuring:
- VDS = 250 V
- RDS(on) max.= 0.165 Ω
- Overcurrent threshold set to 16 Apeak
- Dual footprint for IGBT/MOSFET package:
- Single-shunt current sensing, suitable for:
- Sensored or sensorless 6 steps algorithm
- Single-shunt vector (FOC) algorithm
- Smart shutdown overcurrent protection
- Digital Hall sensors and encoder input
- Bus voltage sensing
- 15 V VCC and 3.3 V VDD supplies
- Embedded ST-LINK/V2-1
- Easy user interface with buttons and trimmer
- RoHS compliant