Product Technical Specifications
|Supported Device Technology
|High-performance Embedded Workshop
|Win XP (32-bit edition)|Win 7 (32-bit or 64-bit edition)|Win Vista (32-bit edition)
|Win 7 32-bit|Win Vista 32-bit Edition|Win XP 32-bit Edition|Win 7 64-bit Edition
|PC Interface Type
|Maximum Operating Supply Voltage (VDC)
|Product Weight (g)
|Product Length (mm)
|Product Width (mm)
|Product Depth (mm)
Dev Kit Description
The E8a on-chip debugging emulator is a development of the E8, maintaining the same functionality and ease of use whilst reducing both cost to the end user and the size of the unit.
The E8a is designed to be used both as an on-chip debugger for R8C Family, M16C Family, H8 Family H8/Tiny and Super Low Power Series, and 740 Family in conjunction with Renesas High-performance Embedded workshop, providing the user with a range of debugging features as well as a handy device programmer. E8a is ideal for the modern development and prototyping environment with programming support for devices from all the main MCU families.
The product is supplied with USB host interface cable, a user interface cable, the E8a itself and a software pack containing High-performance Embedded Workshop, Flash Development Toolkit, debugger support software for the E8a and evaluation versions of the Renesas compiler toolchains.
Dev Kit Features
- Ultra-compact dimensions : 92 mm × 42 mm × 15 mm
- Biodegradable material
E8a's plastic case is made from a biodegradable material. (a vegetable-based polylactide [PLA])
- Complete debug functions
- Real-time emulation possible even at highest CPU operating frequency. Ample built-in Break and Trace functions for Tiny MCU System developments.
- Memory expansion mode is supported. (Device Permitting)
- Close to target system actual evaluation
The user system can be debugged in conditions as close as possible to the end-product.
- Superior capabilities
The debugger ensures high-efficiency debugging with a dedicated window for setting Break-points and Break conditions, trace data window display and command line functions. High-speed downloading of a load-module file also supported.
- High-performance Embedded Workshop (Renesas IDE) offers seamless support for system development
The High-performance Embedded Workshop IDE brings the debugger component, compiler toolchain and some FLASH programming capability together within a single application environment, there is no need to keep launching different applications - the IDE takes care of it all.
- USB bus-powered: no external power supply required
The host PC supplies power to the E8a via the USB bus meaning no external power supply is necessary. Use it anywhere, anytime. Power can also be supplied on to the user system from the E8a emulator.
- On-board programming
The E8a can be used as a FLASH memory programming interface in conjunction with the Flash Development Toolkit.
- E7/E8 compatibility means smooth environment migration
No special adjustments are necessary to connect to any system designed to connect to the predecessor E8 or ancestorE7 debug modules, the E8a will slot directly into such designs, an example of this is the Renesas Starter Kit (RSK) which will work just as well with E8a as with an E8.
- An E8a emulator
- A USB-interface cable
- A user-interface cable
- A CD-ROM bundled with following software
- High-performance Embedded Workshop
- M16C E8a emulator debugger
- M32C E8a emulator debugger
- R32C E8a emulator debugger
- R8C E8a emulator debugger
- H8S/Tiny E8a emulator debugger
- H8 Tiny/Super Low Power E8a emulator debugger
- 740 E8a emulator debugger
- free-of-charge evaluation version of C Compiler Package for R32C Series*
- free-of-charge evaluation version of C Compiler for M32C Series [M3T-NC308WA]*
- free-of-charge evaluation version of C/C++ Compiler Package for the M16C Series and the R8C Family [M3T-NC30WA]*
- free-of-charge evaluation version of C/C++ Compiler Package for the H8SX, H8S, and H8 Families*
- free-of-charge evaluation version of Assembler for 740 Family [M3T-SRA74]*
- free-of-charge evaluation version of Flash Development Toolkit*