To get started developing:
Step 1: Buy the C2000 MCU F28069M LaunchPad
Step 2: Read the quick start guide
LAUNCHXL-F28069M is a low cost evaluation and development tool for the F2806x series as well as the InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION enabled F2806x series in the TI MCU LaunchPad ecosystem which is compatible with various plug-on BoosterPacks (suggested under the Recommended BoosterPacks in the Features section below). This extended version of the LaunchPad supports the connection of two BoosterPacks. The LaunchPad provides a standardized and easy to use platform to use while developing your next application.
• USB connected isolated XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe for real-time debug and flash programming
• 4x 20-pin headers/connectors
• Programmable buttons and LEDs
• TMS320F28069M: 90 MHz C28x CPU, 256 KB Flash, InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION enabled, 12-bit ADC, CAN, 2x encoder interface (eQEP), UART, SPI, and more
• Supports two BoosterPacks
• Two encoder interface connectors
• Isolated CAN transceiver connector
• Hardware Files are in C2000Ware at boards\LaunchPads\LAUNCHXL_F28069M
• Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
• Free download of MotorWare for InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION example projects
• Free download of controlSUITE [and C2000Ware] for device drivers and example projects
• MathWorks Embedded Target Support
o Training video: two motors using LAUNCHXL-F28069M and two BOOSTXL-DRV8301
• solidThinking Embed Support
o Training Video: PMSM control series, including InstaSPIN-FOC
• Powersim PSIM Support
o InstaSPIN Processor-in-the-Loop (PIL) and code generation feature
• TI BoosterPack Checker for an interactive list of compatible BoosterPacks
• For InstaSPIN
o Download and install MotorWare.
Browse resources and read Readme First for F28069M LaunchPad and any BoosterPack.
Follow Training à InstaSPIN Projects and Labs User’s Guide.
o Install free GUI for instrumenting MotorWare projects.
o Watch 6 part training series or search for other training <make sure this link is correct with new ti.com/c2000 updates).
o Ask questions on the TI C2000 InstaSPIN e2e forum.
• For non-InstaSPIN
o Install Code Composer Studio IDE and controlSUITE.
o Connect the LaunchPad using the included mini-USB cable to a computer.
o Open a serial terminal program of your choice (Putty, HyperTerm, etc.) and configure it to access the LaunchPad virtual COM port with 115200 Baud, 8-bit data, No parity, and single stop Bit. The COM port number can be found by opening your computer’s Device Manager.
Ensure that the XDS200v2’s second port is a serial port. Refer to the XDS100 Wiki for the configuration details.
o When connected to your computer, the LaunchPad will power up and flash the red and blue LEDs for approximately 3 seconds. After the LEDs complete flashing, the LaunchPad will enter a temperature measurement mode.
o On startup, a reference temperature is recorded and stored. At one second intervals the temperature is sampled and compared with the reference temperature.
If the temperature has increased, the red LED (D9) will light and will increase in intensity for each degree above the reference the temperature is.
Conversely, if the temperature has decreased, the blue LED (D10) will light, and will increase in intensity for each degree below the reference the temperature is.
o The serial terminal will display the latest temperature reading.
o Build and load other examples in controlSUITE.
o Ask questions on the TI C2000 e2e forum.
• Piccolo F28069M Launchpad
• Mini USB Cable
• Quick Start Guide