The SAM E54 Xplained Pro evaluation kit is a hardware platform for evaluating the ATSAME54P20A microcontroller (MCU). Supported by the Studio integrated development platform, the kit provides easy access to the features of the ATSAME54P20A and explains how to integrate the device into a custom design.
In addition to ATSAME54P20A, the SAM E54 Xplained Pro Evaluation kit can also be used for evaluating the ATSAMD51P20A microcontroller as both MCUs are identical in pin count and peripherals except that ATSAMD51P20A does not have Ethernet and CAN FD.
The Xplained Pro MCU series evaluation kits include an on-board Embedded Debugger, eliminating the need for external tools to program or debug the ATSAME54P20A. The kits offers additional peripherals to extend the features of the board and ease the development of custom designs.
- ATSAME54P20A microcontroller
- Embedded Debugger - USB interface. Auto-ID for board identification in Atmel Studio. One yellow status LED. One green board power LED. Symbolic debug of complex data types including scope information. Programming and debugging of on-board SAME54 through Serial Wire Debug (SWD). Data Gateway Interface: SPI, I2C, four GPIOs. Virtual COM port (CDC). Embedded current measurement circuitry (XAM).
- Digital I/O - Two mechanical buttons (user and reset button). One Atmel QTouch button. One yellow user LED. Three Xplained Pro extension headers.
- 256Mb QSPI Flash
- ATECC508 CryptoAuthenticationTM device
- AT24MAC402 serial EEPROM with EUI-48TM MAC address
- Ethernet - RJ45 connector with built-in magnetics, KSZ8091RNA PHY, 10Base-T/100Base-TX IEEE 802.3 compliant Ethernet tranceiver
- SD/SDIO card connector
- Parallell Capture Controller header (ArduCAM compatible)
- ATA6561 CAN transceiver
- Backup SuperCapacitor
- 32.768kHz & 12MHz crystal
- Debug connectors - 10-pin Cortex Debug Connector with SWD, 20-pin Cortex Debug + ETM Connector with four bit trace.
- Supported with application examples in Atmel START