The Digilent Digital Discovery™ is a combined logic analyzer and pattern generator instrument that was created to be the ultimate embedded development companion. Digital Discovery was designed to optimize channels, speed, and portability. A small form factor facilitates easy storage and provides a whole suite of advanced features to allow you to debug, visualize, and simulate digital signals for most embedded projects. Digital inputs and outputs can be connected to a circuit using simple wire probes or breadboard wires; alternatively, the Digital Discovery High Speed Adapter and impedance-matched probes can be used to connect and utilize the inputs and outputs for more advanced projects. The Digital Discovery is driven by the free WaveForms software and can be configured to be any of the below instruments:
For all other material:
- 32-channel digital logic analyzer (1.2…3.3V CMOS, 8 channels at 800MS/s*, 16 channels at 400MS/s*, and 32 channels at 200MS/s)
- Digital Bus Analyzers (SPI, I²C, UART, CAN, Parallel)
- 16-channel pattern generator (1.2…3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, and LEDs – perfect for logic training applications
- A programmable power supply of 1.2…3.3V/100mA. The same voltage supplies the Logic Analyzer input buffers and the Pattern Generator input/output buffers, for keeping the logic level compatibility with the circuit under test.
*Note: to obtain speeds of 200MS/s and higher, the High Speed Adapter must be used.
The Digital Discovery is designed for anyone embarking on embedded development; with features and specifications deliberately chosen to maintain a small and portable form factor, withstand use in a variety of environments, and keep costs down while balancing the requirements of operating on USB Power.