Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (NCS) is a tiny fanless deep learning USB drive designed to learn AI programming. The NCS is powered by the low power high performance Movidius™ Visual Processing Unit (VPU). The VPU can be found in millions of smart security cameras, gesture controlled drones, industrial machine vision equipment, etc.
The tool kit translates trained neural networks from a PC environment to an embedded app. The Movidius stick accepts networks expressed in Caffe and Tensorflow and intelligently optimizes them to run on the ultralow power Myriad 2 VPU.
Simply enter a trained Caffe or Tensorflow network and the Neural Compute Toolkit will generate an optimized version ready for embedded inference, and provides detailed profiling information for each layer of the network. The Movidius Neural Compute Toolkit takes offline deep learning inference applications deployment to places never gone before.
- Supports Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) profiling, prototyping and tuning workflow
- Real-time on device inference – Cloud connectivity not required
- Features the Movidius™ Vision Processing Unit (VPU) with energy-efficient CNN processing
- All data and power provided over a single USB type A port
- Run multiple devices on the same platform to scale performance
- Minimum System Requirements:
- x86_64 computer running Ubuntu 16.04
- USB 2.0 Type-A port (Recommend USB 3.0)
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB free storage space
- Form Factor: USB Stick
- Dimensions: 72.5x27x14mm
- Connectors: USB 3.0 Type A plug
- Operating Temperature: 0°-40°C
- Smart home and consumer robotics
- Surveillance and security